Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Tribute to Hayao Miyazaki

Because I love him and his work more than I can bear.


If you've ever seen Spirited Away, then you may have noticed these candies!  They come in different sizes and colors.  Sen feeds them to the soot balls:


Gotto love it.

They're pretty much just a softer rock candy, but I'm addicted to them like crack.  If all you want is a little sugar without masses of flavor on top of it, these Konpeito candies will be perfect for your palate.

And, since Studio Ghibli produced the film, I give you candy from Grave of the Fireflies as well!


These are the hard candies Setsuko eats in the movie.  They're soooo very different than what you'd expect out of fruit drops.  There're fruit flavors, sure: pineapple, melon, strawberry, etc.  But, there're also flavors like chocolate and mint!  I was surprised the first time I got a chocolate one because I wasn't expecting it at all!


This movie makes me cry so much.  But I still love it more than I can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment